Wednesday, July 16, 2014

New Knit Stitch a Week: Seafoam Stitch

Seafoam stitch

So, I took a brief break from the Complete Guide to Needlework because I saw the Seafoam stitch and fell in love. I love those wonderful Eye of Horus-like textures it creates when you go back and forth between Garter stitch and multiple yarnovers.

Up above, I cast on 21 stitches on size 6 needles and used this pattern - the blue is a bulky yarn in my stash and the other yarn is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Thyme. I like these two yarns best for this stitch - I think it's better to have a tighter structure.

Here I experimented with lighter yarns on size 6 needles - it looks ok, but you don't get as clear a picture of the wavy shapes:

Seafoam stitch

I like the color, and the airiness of them, but I prefer the look of the bulkier yarns on this stitch.

Seafoam stitch

Here's the back of the stitch - it sort of hangs out all over the place.

What do you guys think? Have you ever tried this stitch? It's super easy and fun to work!

No comments: