Wednesday, April 1, 2015

New Knit Stitch a Week: Chevron Seed

Chevron seed

Teaching myself one new knit stitch a week, from the Complete Guide to Needlework book, c. 1979. Most of the stitches I've tried recently have been based off of seed-stitch textures - this is another fun, easy variant.

It's not super-easy to see the texture, but it's nice just the same. Would be cute on a dishcloth or maybe socks.

Multiple of 8 stitches.

Using size 6 needles, I cast on 16 stitches in:
left: Teal acrylic thread from my stash
right: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Currant

Row 1: *P1, K3*
Row 2: *K1, P5, K1, P1*
Row 3: *K2, P1, K3, P1, K1*
Row 4: *P2, K1, P1, K1, P3*

This is also the first time I've come up for air after my mad-dash NYC trip in which I attended 2 weddings in two separate boroughs, ran around town eating everything I missed (mostly waffles, black coffee, and calamari), getting lost on the Subway, seeing Hedwig and the Angry Inch with the original, founding Hedwig in a leg brace (amazing!) and catching an epic flu on my last day that kept me in bed for 4 days straight after my return. Nothing is small-time in NY! :)

No comments: